By a show of “virtual” hands, how many of you are still drinking some form of dairy milk? Whether it be whole milk, 2%, 1%, or skim milk…you may want to consider putting your “milk” consumption on a diet.
Many consumers today are looking to lose weight, and still maintain a healthy balance of vital nutrients, such as calcium and other vitamins and minerals, in their daily diets. However, some items we have been taught over the years to be healthy for us could stand to go on a diet as well, starting with our milk.
Almond milk is a great alternative to those who love to drink milk, but want or need to trim the fat, cholesterol, and calories in their daily diets, and is a staple for the vegan lifestyle because its plant-based milk and non-dairy.
Some of the benefits of almond milk in comparison to your favorite dairy milks include:
- 50% more calcium than dairy millk per serving
- 60 sensible calories per cup, versus 100 calories per cup of 1% dairy milk
- 50% daily value of the antioxidant vitamin E per serving, while dairy has 0
- Absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat, unlike dairy milk
- Dairy-free, lactose-free, and soy-free for those who need to remain allergen-free or practice a vegan lifestyle
- It taste great and good for you at the same time
Almond milk can be used in the same manner as your favorite dairy milk and beyond. It goes wherever milk used to go, in your cereal, baking recipes, or even in a refreshing chilled glass, and because of its high content of the antioxidant Vitamin E, almond milk has also been used in the formulation of skin and beauty products. Talk about a nutrient that’s good for you from the inside-out!